Monday, September 17, 2007

Weekend

On doyobi, I drank at Yakitori on St. Mark's. If you haven't been there, the whole motif is Japanese. Japanese food and drink. Pretty cheap too. It was nice to be able to read the hiragana on the menu. What used to be an alien set of symbols is now only a third alien. (I haven't learned katakana nor kanji yet.) I also went to Forbidden City the night before on kinyobi, another bar in alphabet city, which didn't feel as Japanese as Yakitori because of its more modern design, but still had all different kinds of sake. Dry, sweet, warm, cold. I recommend both places. And remember kids, don't drink and drive.

- Henry

4 comments:

さとう said...

I love やきとり! Which やきとり is your favorite?

kaleidoscopeyes said...

こんにちは。I didn't realize this until now but I think you are also in my linguistics class...!

kaleidoscopeyes said...

I absolutely love our linguistics prof lol. But I hate how late our class is...6:10から7:25までですね。。。

Hiemann said...

Haha I doubt that anyone at Columbia has a car so drunk driving shouldn't be a problem. Mmm. St. Marks' やきとり is the best. Especially with biiru. (Which I never drink.) I'm mad that I'm actually legal back in Korea, but not here.